Speech and language therapy for adults
We provide specialist assessment and management of people with disorders of speech, language, communication and swallowing.
Community therapy office
St Michael’s Primary Care Centre
Telephone: 020 8702 5660 (Messages can be left on the answer phone out of hours and will be picked up the next working day).
Who we are
We provide highly specialist assessment and management of disorders of speech, language, communication and swallowing. Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) covers a broad spectrum of conditions found in adults including those with a neurological origin.
What we offer
The assessment and treatment of people with communication and/or swallowing problems, in a community setting. The service shares a base with other adult therapy services and where appropriate carries out joint assessments and care planning with them in conjunction with the patient to support their ability to remain at home and within their local area.
The service includes:
- Community based clinics at Highlands Health Centre and St Michael’s site
- Home visits
- Dysphagia assessment and management
- Interventions for acquired communication difficulties, such as dysarthria, dyspraxia, dysphasia
The emphasis is on enabling the patient/carer to self manage whenever possible, through education, advice and provision of care plans and signposting to other relevant services.
Who the service is for
The service is available for people who live in the London borough of Enfield.
How you can access our service
Patients who feel they would benefit from this service should discuss this with their GP or other health care professional who will make a referral on their behalf.
- Summary:We provide specialist assessment and management of people with disorders of speech, language, communication and swallowing.
- Older people
- Map Location:
- Service category:Community Services in Enfield